Effective date: April 19, 2019 Welcome to PetsForever (“Petsforever,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
AUSTRALIAN PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Your Choices about Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for Petsforever account
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile(e.g., first and last name, pet picture, pet gender, breed, age). This information allows us to help your pet and you, or others be “found” on Petsforever.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Petsforever. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails
- We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about new features.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
There are different types of cookies that are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies are temporary and last until you close your browser. Persistent cookies live longer, sometimes indefinitely, unless your browser or you delete them. We may use both session-based and persistent cookies.
Some cookies are associated with your account and are used to remember personal information. Other cookies are not linked to your account but help us carry out analytics and customization.
Cookies make your interactions faster and more secure. They help remember where you left off. They enable us to recall your preferences and user experience choices.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies help us market more consistently to users whom we and our partners think might be interested in us and our related products. They also help us to know when you have been shown particular content and to receive aggregated audits, research, and reports, which helps us improve our Services.
Log file information:
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Petsforever.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a feed), check-in (e.g., to mark your location to a feed), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- assist you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- offer personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- offer, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell your information to third parties outside Petsforever (or the group of companies of which Petsforever is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Petsforever is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your feed, photos, and check-ins.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information
- Legally Required Disclosure. We may disclose any of your information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, please contact us directly at ________________
How long we keep your User Content:
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Petsforever, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly @admin
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Petsforever does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US